Maybe networking has never been your thing. Maybe you were working on it pre-lockdown. But how can you do it now?
Nov 26th 19.00-20.30 GMT
Whether you’re working from home, or facing a hybrid of moving between the office and your sofa, how can you be growing your network? What benefits could that bring you in terms of your in-house network for projects and career development, and your external network for different opportunities?
And the good news is that networking need not be as painful as many people find it! So often we worry about what to say and how to be interesting, but we can remove that pressure and make networking a far more pleasant experience.
In this 90-minute practical skills builder limited to 12 participants, so that you can have maximum opportunity to work on your personal strengths and development areas, you will learn:
- The most helpful mindset for effective networking
- How to clarify what you want in the first place, to help you go and get it
- How to connect with people within your company and externally, to enable new conversations – even if you don’t know who to contact
- How to overcome fear and anxiety about networking
- Practical tips on first conversations and building relationships
You will also have the opportunity to share your experiences and learn from others in the session. This peer support is the aspect of these workshops that people appreciate the most, as we realise we are not alone in our challenges and that we can build our skills and confidence.